For your safety we recommend you:
- Meet face to face where possible for buying and selling and collecting payment
- Where possible meet in a public place, and take someone with you. If going alone make sure someone knows where you are
- When purchasing a service make no assumptions and agree the price first
- Ensure all communication is done through the Desizest website. Do not share your personal e-mail address with buyers or sellers
- If paid in cash count your cash making sure it is the agreed amount, and check notes carefully for any counterfeits
- Where possible do a receipt for your buyer, and seller to keep a copy too where both buyer and seller have signed
- Remain cautious of buyers who do not want to meet in person, shows little interest in your product but are very keen for you to post or courier the item via a courier they have arranged
- Any transactions made via bank, PayPal or similar methods, ensure payment is cleared before handing over goods. If in doubt check with the bank or with PayPal, but contact them directly through their website and not a link the buyer has sent to you
- Where possible meet with the seller to check the goods you are buying and ensuring it is to your satisfaction. Walk away if in doubt!
- When purchasing a second hand vehicle it is advisable to do a HPI check, it’s a small price to pay than an expensive mistake
- Avoid making payments through Western Union, Money Gram or any similar method of payment which cannot be traced
- Remain cautious, if an item looks too good to be true then it probably is!